What's everyone been doing today not lighting related?

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wide-lite 1000

:lol: :lol: Sorry ! I couldn't resist !  I remember back when I was a kid , my sister made divinity fudge and somehow used 1/4 CUP of salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon !!!!  :o :poof:  I thought I was gonna die !!  :DeAtH:
Collector , Hoarder , Packrat ! Clear Mercury Vapor Rules !!

Ria

Cheeky sod..! Of course it's edible, we've just had some..! Tell you what, if we don't answer the phone next time you call, you'll know we didn't make it :DeAtH: :P :mrg:
Ria in Aberdeen
Site Owner/Webmaster

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian proverb)

wide-lite 1000

Collector , Hoarder , Packrat ! Clear Mercury Vapor Rules !!

Sammi

For the first time in ages, we're trying our hand at making bananananana Bröt.  8)
We'll know what the result is in about an hour. :wndr:
Hugs and STUFF, Sammi in Aberdeen xXx 8)
Site Administrator
There are two types of light: The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Grover Thurber (8th of December 1894 – 2nd of November 1961)

wide-lite 1000

 I absolutely HATE most modern cars !! :curse:  95% are built to be almost unserviceable ! I'll pretty much guarantee that the hose and clamp were installed on the engine BEFORE the engine was installed in the car ! 

 My brother had a SUV that required unbolting the engine/trans.  and moving them forward in the chassis 3" in order to remove and replace the heater core  :poof: . Since he lives in Nevada  , he drove it for 3 years with no heat . 
Collector , Hoarder , Packrat ! Clear Mercury Vapor Rules !!

Sammi

Hugs and STUFF, Sammi in Aberdeen xXx 8)
Site Administrator
There are two types of light: The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Grover Thurber (8th of December 1894 – 2nd of November 1961)

wide-lite 1000

 I did oil & filter changes on 2 of my cars  today . I also stumbled onto and fixed a significant coolant leak on one of them !  I'm really glad I found it as I might be taking a bit of a road trip this weekend . That could've been really BAD !!! . The leak was nothing more than a loose hose clamp.  The problem was WHERE the clamp was located !! It's right between the engine and firewall buried amongst other hoses and wires . It took a few minutes along with a ratchet with several extensions attached in order to reach it . 
Collector , Hoarder , Packrat ! Clear Mercury Vapor Rules !!

Sammi

We had a sparky here today carrying out an inspection on our leccytrickle installation to see if it passed muster, which it did. 8)
It wasn't an in depth test, just at one point per circuit to check that the RCBO tripped at the right time.  :wndr:
Hugs and STUFF, Sammi in Aberdeen xXx 8)
Site Administrator
There are two types of light: The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Grover Thurber (8th of December 1894 – 2nd of November 1961)

wide-lite 1000

 @Sammi  :  EXCELLENT !!! 

 @Ria  : I've seen them before . There's a special tool required to disassemble a chain like that : https://store.biketouringnews.com/park-ct-5-compact-chain-tool/  I bought a really cheap one years ago . 
Collector , Hoarder , Packrat ! Clear Mercury Vapor Rules !!

Sammi

It was actually yesterday, but I had my first session at the cardiac rehab clinic, and things went very well. 8)
Hugs and STUFF, Sammi in Aberdeen xXx 8)
Site Administrator
There are two types of light: The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Grover Thurber (8th of December 1894 – 2nd of November 1961)

Ria

Eh..? A chain without a master link..? Never heard of that before, how was it put together..? Are you sure you're looking at the right side..? :wndr:
Ria in Aberdeen
Site Owner/Webmaster

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian proverb)

Bulbman256

De-rusted the chain on my bike using a gallon of vinegar, a bucket, a wire brush and hell of a lot of effort. Got most of the rust knocked off the chain then cleaned it up with brake clean then hit it with some new chain grease to protect it. It was a bit of a pain to do as the chain had no master link and I did not have the tools to take it off, so I just de rusted it one section at at time. Rides a lot smoother now and with a lot less noise.  ;D Over the summer I plan on building a different bike with a small 4 stroke engine so i can get between college campuses quickly and in style. :mrg:
Collecting Since 2012, a Madman since birth.

Bulbman256

If I have the chance to I definitely will.  8) I've been on that section of I-80 before as a passenger, but only during the daytime and I never noticed the LPS tucked under the bridges.
Collecting Since 2012, a Madman since birth.

Sammi

You'll have to go back as a passenger so that you can get pictures.! :lps: :love:
Hugs and STUFF, Sammi in Aberdeen xXx 8)
Site Administrator
There are two types of light: The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Grover Thurber (8th of December 1894 – 2nd of November 1961)

Bulbman256

Drove back to Indiana, not much to report other than I got stuck in Chicago traffic. However, right before I hit traffic while I was on the outskirts of Chicago, I caught the HPS lights still left on I-80 warming up. What surprised me was going under an underpass I saw SOX lights being used! I got to see them warm up piece by piece under each bridge I drove under. Couldn't get any photos of it as I was driving but it was a nice site. I don't think I've seen LPS in public use in America at all. :lps:

@wide-lite 1000 I'll let him know about that, they are the original drive train pieces to the car. I wasn't able to drive it yesterday as snow was in the area but I should get a chance to over winter break after he fixes the power steering and carb issues.
Collecting Since 2012, a Madman since birth.